Thread: [Game Takes] Kraken 4 Flames 2
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2024, 08:45 AM   #17
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
OK....but is it "selling high" if he is only in his first season, which he is?

What if he pops more offensively as he gets more comfortable?

In that case you are actually selling low.

All it costs to find out is essentially a bit over league min. and some patience.

If he is someone that gets you over the line on a substantial deal....then sure, i guess.

Just seems counter intuitive to deal a young guy like him when thats what so many have been clamoring for the club to do in the D&D department.

I will say though, if he insists on playing on the edge the way he has been, he better be ready to throw down at some point and at least defend himself, because somewhere at some point, he is going to start getting haymakers coming at him.

I suspect his coaches had a chat after the game last night and his likely suspension will maybe get into his psyche for good.
I guess it depends on how you project the player. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the best season he ever has. I don't think he has the skill to play up in the lineup. It's a great story, but long-term I just don't see it.

And yeah the physicality part worries me because of the concussion issues. Which means he can't fight (everyone knows my feelings on fighting so wont' go into them here, except to say I understand the problems with a guy that rides the line like he does, but won't back it up).

Again just reminds me of Ferland.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote