View Single Post
Old 03-01-2024, 06:42 PM   #143
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

People also act like all sec posts is gifs, while ignoring that he also makes plenty of informative written posts as well. I agree with Bingo, if you don't like it, move on. There's plenty of posts on CP that I find dumb, so when I see them I move on to the next thread. No need to make it about yourself and how much it affects you, that's childish.

As well, just because a trade hasn't actually happened yet, doesn't make these guys wrong. It's pretty clear from other industry sources that the conversations sec claims have happened, did indeed happen. And sec said it first. Hell, it's not like paid insiders are never wrong either.

But the big thing for me, at the end of the day, who cares. No need to be a negative nelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
I don't know why I'm wading into this, but here goes. I've had some definitive inside info on things in the past. I debated posting it here and didn't (plenty of reasons why not), but let's just say it was about a big deal and my "source" is someone who you would all recognize if I posted their name.

Thing is, the deal fell through. There are a million moving parts, even in the super straight forward trades and free agent signings. You could be talking to Conroy himself and think something is a sure-thing and then something happens to scuttle it. Remember when Iginla was definitely going to Boston?

I don't really understand why people would pile on guys posting what they know here.
Yup. I think I said it recently as well, but I used to have friends on the team and would share a few tidbits from the locker room on here, and just got jumped on for it. So I stopped.
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post: