View Single Post
Old 02-27-2024, 06:27 AM   #13
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

While it is certainly a money grab, there may be some logic and benifit long term behind it.

If I am driving through the strip mall or walking through a food court and see a long line at lunch I will not go there. I imagine that people with short lunch breaks are even more picky. Time is Money

So if you can reduce the line at lunch by charging more, while you might lose some clients you may actually have more happy clients with the same revenue. And if the people not willing to pay extra change their behavior to come early or later, Wendy's will make more $, and the overall 'happiness' of their customers will go up

I know I would easily pay $1-2 to not wait in line. But thats me - Others dont see that time/value as worth it.

Now if the customers just go somewhere else - Then its a different question - Do you want more higher paying customers in fast food or more lower paying , slightly annoyed waiting in line customers

Also curious if this will lead to cheaper off hours pricing. This isn't entirely new as food joints often have specials as off hours to encourage customers to come.
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jason14h For This Useful Post:
GGG