View Single Post
Old 02-25-2024, 12:04 PM   #346
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogerz View Post
Eldrick might have a valid point though.

Apparently the numbers are a couple percentage points higher now (45% of Americans had a passport in 2022), but the most religious and anti-LGBT states have incredibly low numbers of passport holders. The US, as a whole, has the lowest percentage of passport holders compared to the rest of the developed world (except Australia)

https://www.businessinsider.com/pass...y-state-2014-3

Middle America and middle-aged Americans (40-65 years old) don't really travel outside of the US, especially compared with that same demographic in Canada and the EU.

I'd imagine that people from middle America would be genuinely shocked to walk around Victoria, Vancouver, Halifax, or St. Johns while on a cruise and see how common pride crosswalks, pride flags, and pride stickers on storefronts are.

I say that out of ignorance though because I've never been to middle America and have no desire to visit there (except Illinois/Chicago)
Well I can tell you that when my wife and I were in Chicago we had an interesting experience.

We were killing some time trying to let traffic die down after a Cubs game and decided to just duck into a bar, have a couple drinks, kill some time and then try and get a Cab.

It turned out to be a homosexual bar.

We ended up chatting with this very nice Gay couple and they were telling us that this was the 'Homosexual Sector' of Chicago.

I made an off-hand comment of something like..."huh, we don't have that really in Calgary."

"Well! Where do your homosexuals live then??"

"Uh. Wherever they want?"

To them that was an alien concept.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post: