View Single Post
Old 02-17-2024, 07:58 PM   #26
Nelson
First Line Centre

Exp:

https://flamesnation.ca/news/friedma...-to-the-market

This link has the actual video.

One thing: Friedman’s comments do not necessarily mean the Flames haven’t received offers. Friedman is speaking about Markstrom’s general approach to the situation, when Friedman said, “I just think it’s a situation where he’s said ‘Look, when you have an offer bring it to me and I’ll make my decision.’” So, I think the Flames could still be in this negotiation with the Devils, but the Flames just haven’t gotten to the point of going to Markstrom with a trade they’re willing to agree to, per Lebrun, contra Seravalli. (Because I don’t think the Flames are going to take something to Markstrom until they’re willing to do the trade themselves.) And the reporting from Friedman and Lebrun, whom I trust the most, has been that retention, and perhaps the cost of retention, is an issue.

I also like the sounds of the Flames and Pat Brisson not commenting. To me, that shows the two sides are working together, not posturing in the media. Perhaps Brisson can coordinate a deal for the Flames, like he did for the Jets last season.

Last edited by Nelson; 02-17-2024 at 08:05 PM.
Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nelson For This Useful Post: