View Single Post
Old 02-17-2024, 09:22 AM   #49
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaine View Post
I have had a pair of HD650's for many years and I still listen to them from time to time as I find them very comfortable to wear, they don't weigh a lot and being open back your ears don't cook like some closed back headphones do. For the price of purchase, especially when on sale they are a very nice headphone.

They are tad light in the bass frequencies but this can be EQ'd if you are inclined and don't listen to ear bleeding levels the low frequency distortion when boosting with EQ won't be a problem. Any of the Sennheiser headphones in the 6XX series are very similar.

Another bonus is they are very easy to drive and while they won't pair well with a cell phone, they do not require an expensive amp to drive them so if you already have one, or would need to purchase an amp you would not need to spend much to get a very nice setup.

I still listen to mine frequently.

Kaine have you tried the hifiman ananda's? I'm curious about them as I have the 400i which are pretty good. They are $399 american right now which is expensive but they seem to be heavily discounted
calumniate is online now   Reply With Quote