View Single Post
Old 02-13-2024, 11:58 AM   #96
Point Blank
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
Aren’t they already banned in classrooms?

I do think phones and technology are part of the problem. But it goes beyond distracting students in class. Screen time is now so high that it has crowded out almost all other activities, including reading. Or really anything requiring sustained attention. I’d guess the ability to concentrate on reading long-form text or doing math problems for 30 solid minutes has been badly eroded over the last decade.
It’s not banned in high schools. It can be a very big problem as I’ve had some students who just sit and play on their phones all day. At some point, I’m just so exhausted with enforcing cell phone rules that I’ve given up. There’s no consistent schoolwide policy on cellphone usage in high schools so it’s hard to enforce any rules. At their age, they know it’s their choice to tune out to me in class and their grades reflect that. I tell them now at the beginning of their year I won’t be a cell phone police, but if your grade isn’t what you want and you or your parent comes asking me about it, the only thing I’ll say is to get off your cellphone.
Originally Posted by Hockey Fan #751 View Post
The Oilers won't finish 14th in the West forever.

Eventually a couple of expansion teams will be added which will nestle the Oilers into 16th.
Point Blank is offline   Reply With Quote