View Single Post
Old 02-12-2024, 08:49 PM   #28
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebug View Post
I do Estate administration full time (not a lawyer however). If she owns real estate (with no other joint tenants) then a grant of probate will be required. Feel free to reach out if you have any specific questions.

Yes, you'll need to obtain either a GA8 Affidavit of Witness to a Will or GA9 Affidavit of Handwriting prepared. Were there two witnesses to the Will?

I'll be frank... Will Kits are big money for lawyers. It's rare I see one that is properly completed and when they go wrong it can be big big bucks to get resolved. I could share stories where beneficiaries were out hundreds of thousands of dollars because of a kit.

If you want to screw over a lawyer... pay them to prepare a will for you.
First of all big thanks to everyone in the thread that's provided advice. That's what makes this forum so great!

Yes there were two witnesses to the will. Looks like the GA8 will be the best way to go here as I can get one of the witnesses to fill this out. Does it have to be done in front of a notary or can it be filled out and just stamped by a notary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotze2 View Post
Very weird you started this thread today. I just PM'd firebug on this exact thing a few hours ago.

Are you my wife?
My dear. I always knew this day would come. I'm sorry you had to find out this way.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote