View Single Post
Old 01-28-2024, 10:09 AM   #37
Nancy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
I appreciate everyone sharing concerns about safety, but is this relative to Canadian standards or American big city standards? I only ask because I was definitely shocked at the poverty/griminess/potential crime that occurs when I moved down here, but that seems to be all big cities if you're in the wrong area. I'm pretty used to that element...I live in Florida after all.

I guess I'm just wondering how much I need to be concerned above my normal amount of situational awareness in a city?
Crime in the French Quarter probably goes hand in hand with the combination of tourists and the phenomenal level of alcohol consumption.

That said, according to the following, the overall crime rate of New Orleans is behind that of Portland, San Francisco, and Seattle for overall crime; for robbery specifically, it is just slightly behind San Francisco. Neither city cracks the top 10 list for robbery, which includes Baltimore, Cleveland, Oakland, St. Louis, Memphis, Albuquerque, Milwaukee, Chicago, Minneapolis and Houston.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._by_crime_rate
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote