View Single Post
Old 01-27-2024, 12:36 PM   #31
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
I appreciate everyone sharing concerns about safety, but is this relative to Canadian standards or American big city standards? I only ask because I was definitely shocked at the poverty/griminess/potential crime that occurs when I moved down here, but that seems to be all big cities if you're in the wrong area. I'm pretty used to that element...I live in Florida after all.

I guess I'm just wondering how much I need to be concerned above my normal amount of situational awareness in a city?
I have been to NOLA dozens of times. It isn’t super safe, you want to be careful on side streets at night. Bourbon is fine but don’t wander off down an alley. IMO the same common sense you use in any big city will get you by just fine. The place is loaded with tourists most of the time.

The food situation is beyond incredible. Commanders Palace IMO is one place you don’t want to miss. It’s a staple, near the Garden District.

For a local favorite, try Port o Call. Order a burger and a monsoon.

Honestly there are so many good restaurants and I’ve only tried a few of them.

edit: I have been to the WW2 museum, it is kind of cool. It was an event so not exactly as a tourist. Honestly if I had only 2 or 3 days I don’t know that it would make my list. But it is popular. Same with the aquarium. NOLA is such a unique beautiful city and those aren’t particularly distinctive to the city. But if they are the kinds of things you enjoy, then by all means. They are two of the more popular tourist destinations. In one of our earliest trips, we rented a car and visited some old plantation homes like Oak Alley.

Last edited by Strange Brew; 01-27-2024 at 12:42 PM.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Strange Brew For This Useful Post: