View Single Post
Old 01-27-2024, 11:39 AM   #27
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galakanokis View Post
Oh man, New Orleans is a giant #### hole but it is an amazing #### hole. I love that place. I have been for guys trips/football and work.

Coop's Place for fried chicken. Cafe Du Monde, King Fish. Apple Barrel Barn just for how small and cool it is. LaFitte's as one of the oldest bars. The Dungeon if you can fit down the narrow path. Obviously the French Quarter but the warehouse and garden districts are awesome. Bourbon street sucks. Just walk around and take it in.

Just walk around and go in and out of places. Coolest thing to do. The bathrooms are the worst though. Makes the old Purple Onion look like hospital clean. Some don't even have doors. Most bizarre thing.

I never felt unsafe but would say that it would be something to watch for. Was definitely told to stay away from certain areas at certain times. It is not just the poverty but everything is run down. Some streets you just cannot drive down they are so bad. Even the sidewalks are garbage. Also, there were random chickens and rosters all over the place.

I had great interactions and found everyone super friendly. I got invited to random parties and a football game just by bumping into people on the street. Almost got into a fight on Bourbon street after my buddy ran into a dude. But one of their guys just says "them boys look like hockey players. We don't #### with hockey players". And that had me laughing pretty good.
We've been over this. You are also essentially a Sasquatch.

Someone would have to be out their goddamned mind to try and take you on.

Us 'regular sized' folk have to be a bit more cautious.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote