View Single Post
Old 01-16-2024, 01:45 AM   #260
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wireframe View Post
Can I get some wifi advice from all the experts in this thread? I want to improve my wifi speeds in a 950 sqft 50s bungalow. The modem is in the corner of the basement and an old Telus router reaches everywhere in my small house but can be spotty in the opposite corner upstairs. I work from home, stream some movies, and play Nintendo online.

Can anyone recommend a good single router or mesh setup without breaking my bank open?
My parents have a 2000 sq ft house and while the Deco P9 I got them was good and inexpensive, a single, 5 year old Amplifi HD router blew that system away (and they still have the option to add units to mesh, but it doesn't seem necessary). That router is now 8-9 years old and still going strong without a single issue at all. The Deco nodes started getting finicky after around a year of use and one failed by 18 months.

Deco are good options for inexpensive entry level mesh systems IMO, but if I had a tight budget, I'd look into used Amplifi mesh units like Photon did than put another Deco system into my parents place. Deco was good, but Amplifi was and still is amazing.

Amplifi UI also had the most ridiculously easy set up I've ever experienced and an easy to use app. Amplifi also has more features and looks sleeker than the Deco units. The Deco app was inexplicably confusing and hard to navigate for an app/device with relatively little settings to tweak.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post: