View Single Post
Old 01-15-2024, 05:31 PM   #2917
jammies
Basement Chicken Choker

Location: In a land without pants, or war, or want. But mostly we care about the pants.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Jammies? All time high this year avatar bet?
I'd rather bet real money, however I couldn't find any sites that weren't sketchy, illegal in Canada, or based on crypto. Does anyone know of any such service? I'm willing to put up $1000, however, it's not just that I don't necessarily trust you to pay up, but also, why would you trust me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
And you are trying to call me on past posts...hahaha
Yes, I was wrong in 2017 about the price of bitcoin peaking. I was also wrong in 2015 that Trump was a joke candidate and would never win the Republican nomination, never mind becoming President. I bought a few thousand in Blackberry stock a few years back when I thought they'd bottomed out, too. Does that make your predictions in 2021 right somehow?

It's ok to admit you were wrong. But you, dino, never do. It's easy - just say, "Yeah, in 2021, I made some predictions that didn't turn out. It's been 3 years, and medium-term crypto bets have been a loser." If you can't argue with success, it's hard to see how you can justify arguing with failure.

Lastly, I wasn't wrong about bitcoin being unsuited to daily commerce due to being both deflationary and horribly inefficient. I wasn't wrong that it would never become a legit alternative to fiat currency. (Look at Argentina, triple-digit monthly inflation, so people are using dollars, euros, and barter - not crypto). I wasn't wrong that web3 would never be more than niche. I wasn't wrong that it's a ****ty store of value because it's far too volatile, or to laugh at the guys predicting $1,000,000 bitcoin by 2023.

Nor am I wrong that crypto is, if not dead, moribund. The money that used to go to crypto start-ups is going to generative AI. Nobody cares anymore except the true believers and ransomware gangs. So much for the revolution.