View Single Post
Old 01-15-2024, 11:23 AM   #9
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
Buying a good bag that compartmentalizes well is nice. But honestly you can get around it if it doesn't have those features. Just make sure your bag is durable and maneuvers well. Don't blow crazy money on a set up.
I managed to snag the Bugatti Oslo set of 3 when it was just $499 CAD. The compartments are friggin' awesome on this thing, you have three small zipped compartments on the right-hand side (top compartment is not pictured) and a clear compartment on the left side, plus it can be fully zipped closed in case you have stuff you don't want intermingling with the other side (this is how I usually separate my clean vs dirty stuff after a trip). It's expandable, and the wheels are buttery smooth and whisper quiet. It makes my Zero Halliburton ZTex carry-on look pedestrian by comparison, and the ZH was ~$400 when I bought it brand new in 2013, though I think the ZH polycarbonate is thicker and has definitely taken its share of beatings without cracking. The cheapest you could get a carry-on size like mine is in the Birmingham for $200.

Hard-sided luggage really is the way to go IMHO.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote