View Single Post
Old 01-10-2024, 11:51 AM   #244
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

My ASUS router might be entering its "reboot every so often" phase which is usually a precursor to the router dying (been to this dance before).

So have been thinking if I want to do something more robust. House is not huge (2800 square feet) and I currently have the router in my office on the main floor as when it was in the basement it didn't work so well upstairs, but I like the idea of some kind of mesh or multiple access points so I can remove that from my office and just have it permanent in the house. I do have Cat5e in various places so I should be pretty flexible (though if I wanted to mount something on the ceiling that might be more complicated).

Add into this I've been thinking about getting some security cameras but don't really like the idea of a cloud subscription, so the UniFi stuff looks interesting.

That said, it seems like a pretty big commitment for everything I'd need for the UniFi? What would I need to get that going? The cloud gateway, 2-3 access points (1 per floor?), and whatever I wanted/needed for cameras and recording?

I do have a Synology NAS, so I guess the other option would be to look at the AmpliFi stuff and look at cameras that are compatible with my Synology?

Any other potential paths I'm missing?