Thread: Chick Fil A
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2024, 02:05 AM   #77
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Wormius’ Family Restaurant would have multiple employees so Wormius could run his errands whenever he wants. How do you think other restaurants operate when they’re open 7 days a week?

Do you think a CFA has only one employee and you’re depriving them of a day off if a location is open 7 days a week? Or that the entire staff goes out to Costco and there is no one left behind to run the restaurant?

1) CFA can operate however it likes, based on the laws of the jurisdiction it operates in.

2) No one is obliged to provide them a lease to operate anywhere it wants.

I don’t know what to say about the rest of your post, but maybe just eat at a CFA already so you can stop bringing up how you’ve never eaten there.
The only thing I can say about this, and this is very old information, is that some places make being open 'Compulsory' pursuant to a penalty.

I recall working for a restaurant as a kid and we had a satellite location in Southcentre and they were going to be closed on New Years' Day, but the Mall was going to be open.

So if the location was closed the business would be levied with a penalty from the Mall management company.

Now this was a very select case, but if the Mall was open 7 days a week and you closed a location every Sunday those penalties would start to add up.

I dont know if you can negotiate that up-front within the terms of your Lease or not, but thats just what happened to us.

In my case I told my Boss to eat it. Theres nothing we could do. He should have known better and in any case there was no time to prep food and they were planning on being closed so there was no food ordered to prep. It wasnt gonna happen.

Then I went back to bed.

"Please 17-year old, nearly minimum wage Locke...save my ass from my own stupidity!"

- Oh wait. You're serious. Let me laugh even harder.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote