Thread: Chick Fil A
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2024, 01:07 AM   #68
curves2000
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
^^ It’s Chick-Fil—A’s right to open a location anywhere that they want?

Absolutely not actually. But forcing their locations and their workers to actually open on Sunday's is actually a thing that has been tried before and is now being tried again.

Hypothetically speaking, if a commercial development looking for tenants decided they did not want to lease to a Chic Fil A franchisee, than I think that is totally fine. A landlord looking for tenants who may want to have restaurants and tenants open 7 days a week, that is 100% ok and a business decision.

A landlord, general public and politician looking at FORCING an existing location into being open 7 days a week is a different thing.

The legislation in NY state is specifically referring to Chic Fil A by name with a quote from the sponsoring member “Look, if you want to eat fried chicken while traveling over the holidays, then Chick-fil-A should be open on Sundays,” Simone said.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/entertain...-bill/4972418/

If we take that quote at face value and apply it to other businesses, we get into a very slippery slope. Are we going to start forcing Muslim and Jewish businesses into serving pork products, alcohol and mixing meat/dairy? Should all businesses owned by Hindu's be legislated to provide beef products despite their objections?

I am old fashioned despite being in my 30's. If your in business, then conduct business and nevermind the BS. If you want your business to do something that has virtually no harm to someone else, then that is totally fine. If a business does not want your hard earned dollars because of (insert reason) then take your hard earned dollars some place where it's wanted.

We don't need the government policing chicken sandwiches, basic operating hours, specific protein choices and every aspect of everybody's lives. This isn't a life and death situation. This is one of the largest states by population and a very densely populated state.

As I said before, when the people sponsoring the bill are telling us they want to mandate business decisions based on protein choices, then it becomes strangely dangerous all around.
curves2000 is offline   Reply With Quote