View Single Post
Old 12-08-2023, 01:17 PM   #250
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
No, hard times last forever. Once in a while life will give you a glimmer of hope but it's bs, you know something terrible is coming around the corner. I hate Christmas, it's a bunch of retail money hungry bs. I hate that my 12 year old has these expectations for Christmas that his mom will hopefully cover because his father is now always broke as hell and a loser. Ya, I know, not my fault but let's face it, I am just a burden on the system and society. I can accept that. It is what it is.
Perhaps there's a happy medium here. You're right... hard times do last forever. Every single one of us will endure hardship for as long as we're alive. There's no real finish line where it all works out and we can just kick back.

Thing is, if that's true, the opposite can be also. Good moments happen forever in the same way. They can be harder to see though, and when you're deep in the ****, they can be much harder to see.

You aren't a burden on the system and society... the system and society has failed you. Like you say, it's not your fault. The system rolls along and it doesn't care much for any of us, so sometimes it obliterates an entire job market and pumps up another. It's a brutal, unfortunate turn of events. It doesn't mean you don't have value though, and I bet your kid would probably agree.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Russic For This Useful Post: