View Single Post
Old 12-06-2023, 03:00 AM   #2912
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
Speaking of CarPlay, has anyone tried a standalone CarPlay screen? I imagine they’re not as good as ones that gets installed but they are cheaper. I’ll probably be buying a new vehicle next fall and it’ll definitely have CarPlay so I’m looking for something in the meantime.
Something like this?

Wireless for Apple Car play Portable Car Stereo with 2.5K Dash Cam Front and Rear, 9'' Touch Screen Carplay Car Radio, Android Auto,1080p Backup Camera, Loop Recording, GPS Navigation, Mirror Link,AUX https://a.co/d/3FeDOFc

This is the one I use and it's great. Wireless connection and dash cam built in. It's literally better than the wired carplay I have in my other vehicle which is a '19 odyssey. integration into vehicle is the only draw back. It had screen mirroring if I want to too, but I haven't tried it yet. Might be able to play movies on it for the kids. Can't do mirroring on the wired unit. My complaints about it is that the 9” screen is a little too big on the dash and the plug in wire takes up space. Maybe their 6.86 inch one might have been a better choice… oh well.

I think there's smaller ones that you can replace your rear view mirror with making it really sleek. My car has the garage door integrated into the rear view mirror so that didn't work for me hence going with this one, but the rear view ones might be an option for others.

Last edited by DoubleF; 12-06-2023 at 03:05 AM.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post: