View Single Post
Old 12-04-2023, 07:51 AM   #59
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by curves2000 View Post
Just an observation I think, I do think a lot of people can get onboard and have gotten onboard specific human rights and legal right issues within the LGBT community. Where I think this might have shifted form my observation in some aspects is with the demographics of Canada rapidly changing.

Canada is a land of immigrants and bringing in a lot of them at he moment. People who were born in other countries or were raised by people who are from other countries might be doing some pushback against some of the things we are seeing today.

Homosexuality has been around since the beginning of time and a lot of people know that and accept it, not everybody, but a lot of people do now.

Some concepts, ideas, thoughts and more are relatively new these days and that might be where some of the pushback is coming from. A lot of people who are coming from other countries or were raised in immigrant family backgrounds are not nearly as comfortable with some of these things and personally I think that is ok, as long as people are friendly and respectful. Not everybody get's along and that is the way the world works in all aspects of life.

This is not a shot at immigrants or anything, I am a son of immigrants. I know how a lot of people these days are thinking from various communities with regards to these things.
As an immigrant to Canada this completely reads as a shot at immigrants.

Is it possible some immigrants left their country of birth because they were against that nation's views on Human Rights?

Laying this at the feet of immigrants is unnecessary and unfair and sounds like a loud dog whistle.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post: