View Single Post
Old 12-03-2023, 01:00 PM   #27
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
If you can articulate the situation in which you felt vilified for the wrong of "simply living your life" I think we'll be able to help you understand the way(s) in which your attitude, words or actions were, in fact, offensive and unsupportive of LGBTQ people.

Literally no one has ever been vilified in the history of Canada for "simply living their life" in regards to this topic. I've never been to a pride parade, but I've yet to be vilified for that. Also don't wear pride pins/colours/etc. and have never felt anybody's animosity directed at me for that.

I do think it's incumbent upon you to defend human beings from other human beings, though. Like, if you're with a friend or relative or whatever and they start flapping around barfing up bs about drag time story hour or something, it's a good opportunity to - at the very least - interject to let them know that they can "simply live their life" and not worry one bit about that type of thing. So really, the "simply live your life" statement is rational when directed at people who are anti-lgbtq, but it's really not applicable to the people already doing that.
In the absence of specific "vilifying" actions against them from others, I'm guessing the vilifying is coming from within themself for not doing enough.
D as in David is offline   Reply With Quote