View Single Post
Old 11-26-2023, 11:38 AM   #3063
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
I’m one of the most avid reusers, reducers, and recyclers you’d ever meet. I have an electric lawnmower, and every scrap of food waste, every bit of paper and cardboard, and allowable plastic is composted or recycled. When I’m out walking and see cardboard sticking out of a garbage bin (not my own), I’d been know to move it into the compost bin.

Despite this and mostly agreeing with you, I have no illusion that the little bit I do is really meaningful when so many others hardly care and China doesn’t give a sh1t.
Composting and reducing, I believe, are the biggest and easiest contributions we can make on a day to day basis. We recycle a lot at home but I'm less convinced that has much of an impact when I see news reports about recycling stuff ending up in landfills. I don't necessarily follow that stuff well enough to know the full truth on recycling programs though. But not making as much waste or purchasing things in excessive packaging is relatively easy to think about and accomplish.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote