View Single Post
Old 11-16-2023, 12:59 PM   #83
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfever View Post
8+

Sorry to hear so many are feeling down. I'm sure as bad as things may seem now, they will get better. My wife always said that me saying that to her was what helped her the most when she was in depression.

I keep wondering why I am so smart, and all the younger people are so dumb. Perhaps it's my inability to accept that the world is changing. Whether it's for the better or worse, I'm not quite sure.

Financial well being, and lack thereof, seems to have the most impact on how people are feeling these days. I'm grateful I don't have that worry.

I recently lost my wife. We were together for 68 years. She suffered from MS and 25 episodes of major depression over a 20+ year period. We fought it together and learned through experience that life can be good in spite of mental illness.

I am happy and grateful to have my oldest son living with me and doing all the heavy lifting. I hate to think where I would be without him. They say you should always be good to your kids, because they are the ones that are going to choose the nursing home you'll be in.
Oh man, sorry about your loss. Sixty-eight years is really neat and it sounds like you were an amazing husband.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post: