View Single Post
Old 11-13-2023, 01:56 PM   #9
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
They do, but the bows I have comes into varieties one with and one without the noise canceling and it's cheaper for the ones that don't have it. So it's nice to save money on a feature I don't want
Worth keeping an open mind. If the price difference isn't too huge, might be worth taking the feature and then if someone borrows it or you sell it etc. it'll have benefit. Occasionally on stuff like Black Friday deals, you might see a higher model discounted, but the lower model not discounted, especially headphones. The headphone market is kinda weird sometimes.

There's the occasional occasions where with discount, with noise canceling is cheaper than the older model without, so don't totally discount versions with when doing your research.

I've usually had no issues with Sony offerings. Actually I'm looking to see if there's a decent deal to be had in the coming months for a noise canceling one. If you liked Bose, I think many Sony offerings should be good for you as long as it's not a very bass heavy offering.

The Sennheiser one recommended should be decent. Sennheiser usually has more emphasis on the high range. I don't have direct experience with Sennheiser wireless headphones, but I have friends that do and they all liked them. I only have Sennheiser wired headphones.

Bose IIRC is more bass heavy in the low to mid range and more balanced in the higher range. That might help to give you an indication of what you're aiming for. Bose IIRC also has thicker sound isolation padding. Sony is usually on par with that with their low and mid level headphones, but Sennheiser is often known for having slightly less with higher models adding more. Some people prefer the sound Sennheiser has with less padding, others like customize the the lower end headphones to have more padding and claim it brings the sound up to the level of the higher end headphone. I do not know of the objectivity to this claim. I just know its a scenario that I've stumbled upon in the past.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote