View Single Post
Old 10-31-2023, 08:49 AM   #35
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackercowe View Post
You can search here for sales >90 days. It's not the best tool in the drawer, but it can provide more insight https://130point.com/sales/?fbclid=I...K5E1erfWTF0Fyg.

Yes I ship to CGC often. My experiences have generally been good, personally I haven't had many problems with them. The service is rather expensive, I would recommend using your own shipping account (via FedEx) rather than using their own shipping service. At one point in took them 18 months to grade magazines, but that timespan has thankfully closed. Right now I'd imagine it would take 2-3 months to grade your magazines.

Just be careful in what you submit. The market for magazines is smaller than it is for comics. I'm sure there is some value there, just do your best in evaluating them yourself, including the perspective grade.
I think that is the biggest thing is just trying to figure out what grade you would expect, then expect it to be probably what, 1-2 points lower than that?

It is incredible how well the magazines have been preserved, but there are definitely some that are better than others.

Do you use their press and clean service to when you send things in? Not sure if that is just a gimmick or legit helps.

I think no matter what happens I'll be keeping a handful for my own collection. I've also got binders of hockey cards and some older comics.. is CGC on the same level as PSA and the others for card grading?