View Single Post
Old 10-25-2023, 05:06 PM   #2690
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by you&me View Post
I know that my family never had dedicated winter tires when I was growing up either, only because we couldn't afford them, so obviously there's an affordability factor.

That said, I feel like there are a lot of people that could afford them but think their all seasons are good enough, which is the part I don't get... If there's a far superior, proper tool for the job of keeping your second most valuable possession and its contents - your family - safe, you get it. Unless there's a genuine affordability issue, it strikes me as dumb.

Even the thing you say you don't get doesn't make sense to me... In that scenario, someone's still buying and changing a second set of tires, but if you're going to do that, why half-ass it with all weathers rather than proper winters?
I moved to Calgary from the Okanagan after high school for university, was poor as balls for many years, but I still found room in the budget for good winter tires. It only takes one sketchy ass drive through the Rogers Pass in winter to sear in your brain how important they are
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote