View Single Post
Old 10-17-2023, 03:45 PM   #12158
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

What Republicans are saying about Jordan's first-round loss

Quote:
But he has to contend with members such as Colorado's Ken Buck, who is staunchly anti-Jordan because of concerns he won't support Ukraine funding and because of his role in protesting the 2020 election results.

"I am not going to vote for Jim, I just think there's too much there at this point," Buck told ABC News. Buck said he feels so strongly "because I just don't think that we can win the presidential election if we have candidates and leaders in our party who won't admit that Donald Trump lost, who won't admit that the Republican Party wants to move forward."
Quote:
Jordan met with Scalise behind closed doors on Tuesday and asked for help to get the needed votes, a source told ABC News Senior Congressional Correspondent Rachel Scott. The source says Scalise wouldn't commit to helping Jordan.
Quote:
Of course, Republicans such as Meuser and others argued that not voting in a speaker will also threaten GOP victories in the next election.

"I think it absolutely casts a bad cloud over the institution and Republicans," New York Rep. Nicole Malliotakis told ABC News.
https://ca.yahoo.com/news/house-spea...150200460.html