View Single Post
Old 10-07-2023, 02:06 PM   #56
gvitaly
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
Israel’s treatment of the Palestinians, and in particular the expansion of settlements and the settler movement, bears a lot of responsibility for the intransigence of the conflict.

However, equivocation between the behaviour of the state of Israel on one hand and Hamas and Hezbollah on the other, is odious. The deliberate targeting of civilians is an entirely different kind of crime than the death of civilians resulting from military operations. Israel has the means to kill 100 Palestinian civilians a day if they chose to. Or 1000. But they don’t. If the leadership of Hamas had the ability to press a button every day that would kill 100 Israelis, does anyone think they would hesitate to push it?
I think everyone is going to be terrified now. Israel is going to fight with the gloves off and I think the high emotions will cost a lot more innocent lives. Unfortunately, most of the terrorists responsible will be comfortably dug in underground beneath the civilian population.

I still find it surprising how much #### Israel gets. Most of the Palestinian population wasn't even born in 1948. The Israelis built that country through hard work, it was mostly dessert and swamp beforehand. The land belongs to the people born there, and ones that pour their blood and sweat into it.

I don't agree with the policy regarding the settlements, and a lot of the Israeli's don't like them either(50/50 split). That said painting Israel as an evil tyrant is very misleading. If Israel didn't care about what happened to innocent people it would just cut off the power, water, food, and building materials supply into the Gaza strip.
gvitaly is offline   Reply With Quote