View Single Post
Old 10-07-2023, 01:11 PM   #50
gvitaly
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
It's interesting to think about for sure. I wonder if some Palestinians still genuinely believe that there will be some kind of total victory against Israel and that Israel will cease to exist?

As for Biden, this will definitely have major implications on the US election, particularly if it skewers the Saudi deal. This is what Iran and Russia, who supply Hamas with their weapons, want.

Theoretically, Israel could parlay this whole thing into some kind of cooperative deal with the Arab League, where they unite against Iran and work to disarm Hamas. I don't see that happening with a war hawk like Netanyahu in power. Netanyahu is also crafty and extremely intelligent, so I guess you never know. But unfortunately, I think the end result of all of this is going to be a lot of dead Palestinians.
Death begets death, begets death, begets death.

Unfortunately, this will never stop. Israel has already cut the power supply to Gaza. Hamas already fired ~5000 of their inventory of 15000 rockets. Either those estimates are off, or Hamas is banking on depleting the Iron Dome rockets before another front opens at the northern border. It simply doesn't look like there's an endgame unless this was just the opening move of a much larger war.
gvitaly is offline   Reply With Quote