View Single Post
Old 10-05-2023, 08:01 PM   #827
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

I said last year they should have played out this season with three catchers on the roster as there was uncertainty with each. Kirk looked promising based on his great eye, but downside was conditioning and how long he'd last. Jansen has always appeared to be a subtle leader on the team with streaky power, but could never stay healthy. Moreno seemed to have questionable power but had everything else and was rising fast. The odds were Jansen would falter and Moreno would be there. I still can't believe people jumped on the bandwagon to what the team was selling with Varsho's potential. They gave up a ton of potential themselves for an unproven bat and that was a terrible risk/reward. I'm glad Atkins isn't getting a free pass on Schneider's back here. People are seeing the facade and are calling for him. Right or wrong I can't see how Shapiro stands by Atkins given the fitting vitriol. There are things he did well, but we'll discuss those once he's fired. I wonder what other executives are out there?
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote