View Single Post
Old 10-05-2023, 01:14 PM   #321
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
Grew up as a big anime fan but now as an adult, I find most animes are made for children and teenagers/young adults and about high school shenanigans or younger kids in empowered fantasy worlds. I can't watch anime anymore as I cannot relate to it anymore.

There is a bunch of manga called Seinen (young adult) or Gekiga (adult). Where are the animes for that? I want an anime about the struggles of being a Japanese salary man working for a difficult company with office politics and his struggles to pay the bills.
Yeah, aging out of it brought me into the realm of Dorama and Korean dramas over a decade ago.

I agree with you on what you're talking about. Genre wise, those that are young adults/adults are often stuff like violence, some of it good. Some bleh:

- Aijin
- Gantz
- GiTS
- Black Lagoon
- One punch man
- Zom 100
- Cat #### one (is this considered adult?)
- Way of the house husband
- Ingress

But mundane stuff, honestly I believe there's some surprisingly interesting stuff out there too, but it's rare:
- Bartender
- Planetes

My memory might be a little foggy and it's been a while, but I think these might be not bad as well (albeit more exaggerated instead of mundane)?
- Great pretender
- Yakitate Japan
- Golden boy

TBH, a bunch of this stuff is better off as live action than Anime.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote