View Single Post
Old 10-04-2023, 07:18 PM   #12
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galakanokis View Post
We pretty much watched the same Blue Jays game all season long. It was probably the worst post season team to watch in the history of baseball. What a weird season. Of course the left you wanting more.

Pitching was great and should come back in pretty much the same shape. Not sure what Swanson and Hicks' contracts look like but it would be great if they are back.

Fo rthe starting pitching everything hinges on Manoah. My gut says he won't play for the Jays again but maybe that drama is over played but not sure. Even if he doesn't return the Jays are really only looiking for one bottom of the rotation starter and that is easily addressed in my mind.

Offense needs a massive overhaul. CF, 2B, 3B and DH all need to be addressed and possibly LF. You cannot trot out Varsho every game hitting like that. Just not good enough. Plus, you might need insurance for Springer as well. This is a conundrum for sure.

Are Barger, Schneider regulars? Eden? Martinez? Lots of potential there but no sure things.

Get me a power hitting DH!!!! I don't care if they ever see the field.

The thing about pitching is you never know what you're getting one season to the next. You at minimum have to get guys who have a small chance of getting injured and cross your fingers. Jays could very easily roll out the same set of pitchers next year and get opposite results. Happy to see them generally do very well. Can't take that away from management. But I do want to see someone reliable who can show command and leadership through extreme confidence and resolute. DH has to be a bomber.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote