View Single Post
Old 09-08-2023, 12:39 AM   #24
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie Dunlop View Post

I wonder how many Canadian dogs were named Finnegan?
*raises hand* One of ours was. However, he was already named that by the people who we got him & his brother from, when they decided they didn't want dogs anymore - he was already 6 years old and we didn't feel it was fair to change his/their names - and it suited him, as his brother's suited him. It wasn't a Mr Dress-up thing though, their first owners were British and never watched Mr Dressup. Just names they liked or maybe it was something to do with shows they watched in the UK, growing up (came to Canada in their 30s).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie Dunlop View Post
I wasn't as big of a fan of the final years, the "Mr. Dressup and Friends" era with all the dollar store puppets. It was like when Axl fired the original Guns 'N' Roses...
Loathed the new characters. Annie was the worst, such a whiny character. My kids watched Mr Dressup, just as I did, and disliked her too. The show ended just a few years after they were born (I think my oldest was 5) and then they watched re-runs. They preferred the OG characters over the ones introduced in the latter part of the show.

Have a reminder set for this documentary.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote