View Single Post
Old 09-06-2023, 01:58 PM   #1046
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
I don't know...I've been to Tottenham and that stadium is magnificent (along with the football club!), but Atco is not even in the same class. And frankly, using that stadium which is genuinely world class and trying to base costs off that for the CPL is just not even close to accurate.
I quite clearly said many times it's based on a crude formula, and not comparable for CPL (nowhere near what an English stadium demands). It was an estimated example for construction costs on an overall stadium from scratch, and a rough one at that. Don't look too much into it.

Quote:
How much did Vancouver end up paying for Willoughby Park? That seems like a far more apt comparison for many reasons.
Similar stadiums range from $10-25M. It's modular (which drastically reduces cost), and is a number used in the following article.

https://chatnewstoday.ca/2023/02/09/...-stadium-home/

Quote:
Such stadiums range in price from $10 million to $25 million. Shillington says his company already has a number of stadium projects across the country.

“This is by far the most affordable for municipalities and the quickest timeline for anyone to execute in any realistic way,” Shillington said.

Such projects can be done in eight to 12 months from start to finish, he added.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote