Scoring Winger

Exp:

Prediction time. Here's what I put in last season's thread:

Winner: Manchester City (comfortably)

Top four: Manchester City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs

Golden Boot: Haaland

Relegated: Nottingham Forest, Brentford, Bournemouth

Surprise of the season: Newcastle challenge for top four

I was right about the winner, Golden Boot winner, and Newcastle "challenging" for the top four. Managed to pick three teams in my top four that finished 5th, 8th, and 12th (!). Additionally, all three of my relegation picks stayed up!

For this season:

Winner: Manchester City. They're head and shoulders above everyone else.

Golden Boot: Haaland, no prizes for picking him, I suppose

Top four: Manchester City, Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelsea

Surprise of the season: Aston Villa to finish sixth. Spurs to finish in the bottom half of the table if they sell Harry Kane, which looks very likely.

Breakout star of the season: Ian Maatsen. If he can get game time behind Ben Chilwell, he's going to impress a lot of people. He's already one of the best left-backs in England, and I think Chelsea might play him at left wing because you just can't leave such a talented player on the bench.

Relegation: Sheffield United and Luton look dead certain to go down. I don't see any turn of events that would lead to either one staying up. Sheffield United have lost their five best players from last season, and added nobody of note. Luton are just along for the ride and aren't going to try to stay up by spending big, which I can respect. I think Nottingham Forest's financial issues will catch up to them, and they'll be the third relegated team this season. The 18th spot in the table will come down to Forest and Wolves.
MegaErtz is offline   Reply With Quote