View Single Post
Old 08-09-2023, 02:31 PM   #44
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I find Mikey to be pretty annoying becuase he's always down in the dumps. Every scene is "well, it's snowing so I guess it's another day sittin' around doin' nothin'. He's Alone's Eeyore.

I'm pulling for Alan, he seems to really have the mental stability to make it, and the fish sure seem to help.

I was a little surprised how little big game they've even seen up there. When they say they are just gonna sit around in the shelter all day, I wonder why they don't bring their sleeping bag and go sit somewhere they might see some. If you are doin' nothin', may as well be hunting.
I think it's energy conservation and warmth related. In windy and non-windy scenarios it's warmer in the shelter vs exposed even with a sleeping bag. I also assume they sleep a ton when they're at their shelter vs being fully alert at all times in there.

Plus I assume they have to walk like 5-15 minutes to the game trails. Double that for a round trip, that's a bunch of energy they have to expend when they might already be in a sort of calorie deficit hibernation mode.

I assumed in a survival mode like they are in where almost every calorie counts, such an activity is actually a gamble in expending calories to obtain more calories. IIRC, the contestants often complain of being light headed and ill and either needing rest or being more focused in increasing their food intake.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote