View Single Post
Old 08-09-2023, 05:47 AM   #64
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranteedEV View Post
1) Crunchyroll

The only one actually worth paying for me. Especially since Funimation absorbed them and expanded their library.

2) Crave

HBO seems to know how to produce content. Still pretty underwhelming though

I try not to be a pirate overall, but between having a Prime membership and never finding anything worth watching, having had a Disney+ membership and only having watched Loki and Hawkeye in all that time before cancelling, having used a cousin's Netflix and not even feeling an ounce of disappointment when they finally disallowed sharing of memberships, I really see little value in video streaming.

What is especially a shame is that streaming essentially killed Blu Ray rentals, before 4K even became a thing. Never, and Nowhere can you watch a 4K stream with anything resembling UHD quality. Instead you have to pay $30 for a BluRay purchase. I am not sure I know many people who have actually seen how good 4K can look without streaming compression, a decade into 4K TVs being mainstream. Is that not crazy?
Definitely with you there. Always amazed me watching people spend thousands on a really nice tv, then never actually use it close to it's capabilities
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote