View Single Post
Old 07-20-2023, 09:16 PM   #1076
RichieRich
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Be really careful with using ChatGPT, most HR people are getting used to it and might look at it as slightly lazy.

Use ChatGPT to help with the basics, but you want to make sure that your resume reflects you.

I use Resume Now, its relatively inexpensive and helps with good formats, and allows you to build a resume nicely, but then edit it.

I know I'm not around this thread or CalgaryPuck alot anymore. But I'm still here if anyone does need resume help or review or cover letter review.

On a personal note, one of my contracts ended abruptly due to the company going into financial dire straits and its easier to get rid of contractors. The other contract has scaled back a bit as its a bit more piece meal.

I've been doing the usual application and playing with my resume and cover letter style. I'm in the final stages of a new position with a new organization (Really big global company that scares me a bit). But they're considering me for two roles, one in management to fill in for a employee on 18 months leave. The other more full time admin/project management. So I feel good about my chances heading into the final interview on Monday.

But I'm here to help for those that need it. I have over 8 years of recruiting in a lot of different fields, plus my job searches have always been good.

I don't charge for this, I have no expectations, I do this to support this community that I've been part of for a long time, and I hate to see people struggling because of a lack of fundamentals.

Just in terms of my latest search, what I've noticed is every role is getting flooded with applicants very quickly, like within hours, so if your resume doesn't stand out against 100 or 200 applicants you're spinning in the sand.
Very kind of you indeed.
I’d like to add that some role postings may close early due to high volume of applicants so don’t wait too long either.
Definitely have a LinkedIn account that has some personality and flavor and is NOT copy paste from your resume.

Depending on your industry but definitely more headhunters and placement people out there now than even 6mo ago and they’re not afraid to cold call you and run with things . That’s how I landed my current role.
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote