View Single Post
Old 07-03-2023, 08:18 PM   #3749
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
If I didn’t know better I’d say that Musk wants Twitter to go under, but why pay $44 billion for the opportunity? I think he bought Twitter to support Trump but destroying it isn’t helping his cause. I’m confused.
I always thought that he was like the early media barons who bought media to control messaging to influence the public and politicians to support their interests. Twitter appeared to fit very well into this world. Get it close to break even but never worry about profitability.

If he is willing to lose unlimited money as he transforms it then the break it to change it model might end up working. I think it ultimately fails because disrupting your own monopoly doesn’t seem that wise.

But what he accomplished is he still has is major media using Twitter as a distribution platform while he has biased the algorithm/ had a self selected paid user base that gets favourable treatment which reflects his corprotist interests. Effectively he has a right wing propaganda tool used by regular people.

Now why he keeps trying to wreck that I don’t know.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote