View Single Post
Old 06-15-2023, 10:36 PM   #81
Sandman
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
2 inches is not a “far cry”. And heft is much more important than height.

And I think you should go back and look at the skating history of Point. He was a noted poor skater. He worked hard to improve. And the same was said about his defence. That’s why he was a third rounder.
2 inches is a pretty big difference- like I said, how many centers in the league are 5'10"? Is there a difference between a player who is 6'0", and one who is 6'2"? of course there is. It's not impossible, and it's happened many times before, but it's not likely. It's ok if you disagree, but most scouts and coaches would agree with ME. There's a reason why most pre-draft write-ups on young small centers usually say, "will most likely be playing the wing in the NHL".

I know the history of Point's skating (he was slow), and I know the pre-draft history of most players in the league. Perhaps YOU should go back and look at MY history of posting, and you'll see that. The sentence was two separate thoughts, the first thought, "Coronato isn't exactly a world class skater" has nothing to do with "or a defensive stalwart like Point". I know why Point was taken in the third round, thanks.

Last edited by Sandman; 06-15-2023 at 10:45 PM.
Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote