View Single Post
Old 05-30-2023, 04:30 PM   #1026
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
One thing I've noticed is that kids and young adults (and even just plain old adults) seem to get a lot more money from their parents than I, or people I knew did, growing up. In order to hang out with these "gangster" groups you need a certain level of affluence to even start out. You need the car, tattoos, clothes, jewelry, etc...Unless you start out with a certain level of affluence, you aren't going to fit in.

Once again, I don't think a lot of these kids showing up in the media or getting killed are even the real gangsters, in the sense that they aren't the ones moving large quantities of drugs. The biker and more traditional gangs (ex. Triads) still run that business. They are more than content to use these kids as middle men and let them take the fall, while the real gangsters make the money. These gangsters are more customers than drug dealers themselves.
I disagree, it's actually the other way round, it's the more affluent middle class suburban kids using the traditional bikers and street level gangsters, native system kids as their muscle, the money is with the middle class kids though, they have showed more flexibility with it as well, they heavily invested in legal weed shops and most of the bodegas in East Van are owned by various older dealers, the gangsters tend to be limited in both their planning and thinking and are limited in their travel due to juvi records the middle class kids arent held back by

Last edited by afc wimbledon; 05-30-2023 at 04:33 PM.
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote