View Single Post
Old 04-20-2023, 12:30 PM   #15
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasi View Post
It’s awesome how with the sport how the guys from yesteryear are still involved. Magnus is still the head judge for most top competitions and Kazameir is still involved big time in the sport. It’s a more close knit group I think where the competitors while they do want to win of course there really isn’t any animosity between the people. Probably because the comp is as much against the crazy events and weights as much as against each other.

Ofc there are exceptions like Eddie and Hafthor who hate each other so much they had a boxing match to decide things. But that type of relationship is pretty rare in the sport and I find it an easy sport to watch when I can root for nearly everyone.
I have very little to add on this topic, but living in Montreal in the late 80s-early 90s they love all things Strongman there

we were lined up to see a movie (for some reason I think it was Predator 2) and there was a strongman competition in town. Bill Zazmaier and OD Wilson were in line ahead of us. while we were in line (old days of a theater line winding through a shopping mall) they proceeded to eat about 8 hot dogs each from a food court vendor, then we got into the movie and the hit the popcorn line it was a sight to behold
looooob is offline   Reply With Quote