Thread: The A.I. Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2023, 10:03 AM   #230
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebot View Post
The golden age of the internet turned into a bubble, because it sold anything internet related as money generating. I remember when I was getting free dial up connection and free storage, storage that took over 15 years to get anywhere back with google drive etc.

The big issue is that people threw money at anything that has .com or was internet, yet most of these ventures never generated any value or money by itself. Many companies literally didn't do anything. That's why the infamous dot bubble crash happened, it was literally a balloon of fake promises and fluff.

In the end though the internet still changed our lives forever. School today is way different than when I went to school.

You're going to see this with AI as well, heck it's happening now with sites popping up everywhere and people going on the bandwagon. But just because you will inevitably have many snake oil salesman telling you why their product is better, in the end the backbone of what we have and improving on is legit and revolutionary.

It's just hard to contemplate by many for good reason.
Sure, it could be. It could also be crypto or NFT's, which people said the same thing about. Remember the Wii? When it was shown, everyone thought perfect motion tracking, and this was the future of gaming. Turns out it was some neat tricks, and some of it worked well, but it was not the future. Humans are really good at over-hyping things. This isn't to say it may not end up being what people think it is, one day. Just that hype often gets waaaay in front of progress. Musk is awesome at that.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote