Old 04-03-2023, 07:20 PM   #206
Firebot
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
The article link, for others:
https://writings.stephenwolfram.com/...m-superpowers/

I'll have to do some looking on ChatGPT4, I haven't looked into any of it's features or improvements, other than being aware of the plugin model. The Wolfram plugin has some nice mapping features, so perhaps with it, ChatGPT could give a correct answer, though I'm not sure if it would give a useful one for Calgary.

So it's possible GPT4 invalidates everything Wolfram said about GPT2.5, but it's more likely it has just built on it, which means the fundamentals haven't changed. It's still just picking the next most likely word. And I sure wouldn't be trusting without verifying.
Hello [Fuzz],

Thank you for sharing the article link and your thoughts on the matter. It's great to see that you're open to exploring the differences between GPT-4 and GPT-2.5. While I don't have firsthand knowledge of GPT-4, as my training data only goes up until September 2021, I can still provide some general insights on the potential improvements you might expect in a more advanced version of a language model like GPT-4.

Scalability: As newer models are developed, they often benefit from increased scalability, which allows them to handle more complex tasks and provide more accurate responses. This is often achieved by increasing the number of parameters and training data, leading to a more knowledgeable and capable model.

Fine-tuning capabilities: Improved fine-tuning mechanisms can enable the model to adapt to specific domains, making it more effective in generating accurate and relevant responses in specialized contexts.

Plugin model: You mentioned the plugin model, which could be an essential feature of GPT-4. By allowing users to integrate additional functionalities or domain-specific knowledge, the model's performance and usefulness can be significantly enhanced.

Better context understanding: Advanced models are typically better at understanding the context of the input and providing more coherent and contextually relevant responses.

Reduced biases and improved safety: As AI research progresses, efforts are being made to reduce biases and improve the safety of AI models. Newer models, like GPT-4, may have undergone more stringent safety mitigations and fine-tuning to ensure they provide more responsible and unbiased output.

It's important to note that even with these potential improvements, it's always a good idea to verify the information provided by AI models, as they can still make mistakes or provide outdated information.

I hope this provides some insight into how GPT-4 could be superior to GPT-2.5. If you have any further questions or would like to discuss this topic more, please feel free to reach out.

Best regards,
[Firebot]
Firebot is offline   Reply With Quote