View Single Post
Old 04-01-2023, 12:44 AM   #1035
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Mr. Mustard View Post
Obviously not all Russians are intolerant but it sure seems that a higher percentage are relative to the North American population. It isn’t that I am viewing every Russian the same as though they are a monolithic population with a universal viewpoint. I just happen to think that a larger percentage of Russians have regressive attitudes towards the homosexual population. Plus a lot of Russians in the NHL like Zadorov spent formative years in Canada in the junior hockey system.
Yeah, I mean Russia has anti-LGBTQ laws. There are of course Russians that don't adhere to those thoughts, but there are a lot who are indoctrinated into it.

Like you said, Zadorov has been living in North America since he was a teenager, so he has been immersed in Western culture and likely has developed a higher level of tolerance than many people right from Russia.

As disappointing as it is to see Kuzemenko opt out of the initiative, because he actually seems like a nice guy, maybe he will eventually come around. I can kind of relate my own experience growing up in a small hick town where it was common to denigrate gay people. The thought process exists here too in some circles.

Last edited by FlamesAddiction; 04-01-2023 at 12:50 AM.
FlamesAddiction is offline   Reply With Quote