View Single Post
Old 02-11-2023, 11:38 PM   #10041
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
I’d suggest you don’t know anything about pipelines if your comment is a few tiny holes in shallow water is a tiny repair.
I'm not saying it will be a tiny repair, I'm saying it will be a fairly expensive but straight forward repair that Germany will pay for and will be expedited in a few weeks to months at most, I am also saying that the actual explosion has done no harm to Russian gas exports as the pipeline was already shut down (in the case of the newer pipe it hadnt even been used) and that Russia has a nice big pipeline that runs through Belarus and Poland and another that runs through the Caucuses that can both be used to supply gas to the EU, assuming it didnt want to use the pipes running through the Ukraine that to the best of my knowledge are still pumping gas.

Because of all of the above it would make the US doing something so provocative and aggressive, an act that if caught would destroy the fragile coalition they have created in the EU and turn Europe against them immediately, blowing up pipes that are not even being used and are easy to repair would be an insane risk to their current policy while having no practical effect on anything, bear in mind we are talking about the US, a country that has refused to put the full court press on Germany to provide tanks, has refused to provide Ukraine with much of the kit it wants, this country is going to risk all of this to commit an act of war within Danish and Swedish economic zone of the Baltic Sea?

It is a utterly daft idea when you think about

Last edited by afc wimbledon; 02-11-2023 at 11:42 PM.
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to afc wimbledon For This Useful Post: