View Single Post
Old 02-10-2023, 09:35 AM   #5853
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
I cancelled Netflix midway through December and haven't looked back. It just became the service that cost the most per month, yet provided the least value for what it cost.

If I want 4K, HDR, and spatial audio with Netflix, I had to pay for the highest tier at $22 a month. That same tier also is meant to support up to four consecutive screens. Well, there's two people in this house, the cat doesn't watch Netflix (he's a YouTube kind of cat), so at most it's only one screen at a time ever using the bloody thing. As far as I'm concerned, the ability to share the account and split the cost basically was making use of the remaining three screens I was paying for and entitled to (which in effect would mean TWO consecutive screens might be used at a time).

I'm still evaluating my other streaming services at this point since my Plex setup is doing everything I need it to at this point. But none of them were quite as bad a value proposition as Netflix made itself, so it was an easy cut.

Add a second house for $7.99 a month? When I was paying $22 a month and couldn't use all the screens I was entitled to? Netflix can f--k off.
This is what I don't get.

Sure have a pricing structure for streaming quality, I'm not against that. I'm also not against limiting streams. But why not just do tiered packages and then have a la carte options?

Even if it means a majority of people will end up paying more, they'll accept it if it means they can actually get what they want and see some value in what they're paying for. Come out and say you're making adjustments to the pricing structure to better serve the needs of your subscribers and their varied streaming habits.

Why do this whole about face on password sharing in the most unpopular way possible? It's like they intentionally found the most likely way to piss off their subscriber base.

And right at a time when they're getting constantly badmouthed for having #### content and cancelling series. Netflix was always the streaming service every kept regardless because it had new content coming and was cheap enough to justify. Now they have abandoned both of those. They don't even add any 3rd party content anymore. Like ####, give me some decent 90s/00s movies or something. Prime/Disney/Paramount are doing this all the time.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post: