View Single Post
Old 02-10-2023, 07:09 AM   #10013
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
Yes, this is what I'm getting at. The operators are going to be more comfortable with the modern tech than the older tech. And are they not built for usability? I also think there's some bias about the Ukrainian people's ability to operate "western" tech.

I just have a tough time it really taking months to train and implement them with effectiveness. That's why I wonder if it's a purposeful downplay too.
A tank isn't like a car.

There is a tonne of crew maintenance that takes place. Without that maintenance the vehicle will breakdown and be useless. The crew needs to know how to do this effortlessly, well as effortlessly as it can be.

There is also the logistical tail that needs to be addressed, tanks need support vehicles/mechanics. While Youtube videos might say you can switch out engines quickly, nothing is ever as quick as it is in a hanger during peace time.

Releasing the tanks into the fight without all that back end support will ultimately shorten the life of the tank.

To your original question, I fully believe that training on Leopards had begun well before the approval to send the tanks was given. I am sure Poland had trained up crews before the ok was give.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post: