View Single Post
Old 02-09-2023, 07:43 PM   #10011
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
So I'm pretty pro-west. I've clashed with JohnnyB all the time on lots of things. I've even called him a China apologist.

But believing that the US would undertake a mission to blow up a Russian pipeline does not make you anti-west and pro-Russian.

Anyone with a shred of common sense can easily see where the US would benefit if Europe no longer has a source for cheap Russian gas and has to turn to the US to get gas, how the west overall benefits from Russian being crippled from exporting their biggest money maker, how the US benefits from European Industry struggling with high energy prices, etc, etc.

Also, have people forgotten the lengths the US has gone the last 20 years to throw around its weight? Blowing up a Russian pipeline is an easy decision.

And honestly, if Biden DID authorize it? Good for him. About time someone has some balls to stand up to Putin after the EU has been kneeling down in front of him for years.
Except in this case the guy has a recent history of blatantly false and incorrect/borderline conspiratorial claims, his source is an unvetted and completely anonymous source, and verifiable claims in this blog post directly conflict with available OSINT data from multiple sources. There is also the odd timing of the post with TASS, the propaganda arm of the Russian government to consider. It seems suspect at best
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to FlameOn For This Useful Post: