View Single Post
Old 02-09-2023, 04:28 PM   #10009
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebot View Post
That's fair, and sorry if it felt like I was being aggressive in my prior posts. I see Hersh's article as an anti-US and pro-russian propaganda piece and pure fabrication, and the timing of the article and how it propagated right away within Russian sources was way too timely to be coincidental. I suspect it was shared to your group via a Russian source which is why I was asking.

I do think people severely underestimate just how much of influence Russia has on the information being fed to us, and a lot of this propaganda is relayed by Russian sympathizers, grifters and extremists, with far too many in high political and influential positions.

Now it seems that Elon Musk has stopped Starlink use for Ukraine drones claiming they are offensive weapons. Coincidentally this announcement to blind Ukraine and hampering use of one of their best reconnaissance tools happens just as Russia is poised to start a brand new large offensive.

https://www.reuters.com/business/aer...nt-2023-02-09/

On top of it, my Twitter account got suspended out of the blue, with zero signs that it got hacked. I haven't tweeted or liked anything in years. All I use it for is viewing news on the war, and I did a deep search on how the Hersh article came out yesterday. Guess I dug too deep or something for Musk's liking?
Surely, you can see the humorous irony in making accusations about someone being a conspiracy theorist and then following up with a post implying Elon Musk is manipulating access to Starlink to advantage the Russians in their next attack and that he banned you on Twitter for searching about the Hersh article. Please tell me you see the humor in that.

I don't have any issue with people disagreeing with Hersh or legitimately poking holes in his argument. Discussing it was the point in sharing it. I don't mind people coming at it with different biases either. We all have them and can learn from other viewpoints. Your approach wasn't really that. It was one of personal accusation to discredit someone and police the conversation according to your views. I hope you can recognize that too. It's the type of approach that actually harms quality discourse in a way that is, again, kind of humorously and ironically illiberal.

Anyways, it's all good by me if we can go forward in a mutually respectful manner.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote